ANSYS and ROCKY generate savings for VALE
Vale used Rocky DEM and ANSYS coupling to simulate and analyze the flow of ore
Vale, the world’s largest producer of iron ore, used Rocky DEM to reduce costs and increase productivity in its mining plants.
Vale used Rocky DEM to:
- Improve the efficiency of mining equipment
- Reduce the need to clean plant material out of the hoppers’ screens
- Develop and test a new system of rotating disks, redesign the transmission system, and adapt the support structures to work better with the flow of ore
Discover how Vale:
- Reached an economic return of US$100 million in just three months
- Reduced the time spent on the development of this project by approximately 70%
- Increased production by more than 11%
To access the complete Case Study, please fill out the contact form.