CMD Consulting compares Rocky DEM calculations for power draw with those predicted by Morrell’s C-model and finds Rocky to be extremely accurate—an important finding when choosing to use particle flow simulations to validate mill designs.
CMD used Rocky DEM to:
- Prove that Rocky DEM simulations provide accurate results.
- Show how simulation technology is an important tool for the analyses of equipment.
- Demonstrate that it is possible to make a virtual representation that accurately reflects real-world particle behavior.
Discover how CMD:
- Found that Rocky DEM power draw calculations almost exactly match those predicted by Morrell’s C-model.
- Concluded that Rocky DEM power draw calculations are accurate to ± 6%.
- Instilled confidence in their clients that designs simulated using Rocky DEM will work similarly in the real world.
© Rocky DEM, Inc. All Rights Reserved.